The Office Manager of The Vandenberg Coalition (TVC) will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the Vandenberg team. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this individual will simultaneously manage schedules, assist in planning events, help delegate tasks, and provide for other day-to-day needs of a small but growing team.
The successful candidate will have experience with managing schedules, involvement in coordinating events, and an ability to predict and address needs of an organization as they arise. Particular experience with new organizations and/or policy organizations is preferred but not required.
This position is based at Vandenberg’s D.C. office. Ability to work an in person is required.
Coordinating meetings and managing staff calendars and schedules
Assisting in the planning of events, podcasts, and other logistical needs of the organization
Coordinating reimbursements and domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car reservations
Coordinating with contractors and other offices and think tanks when necessary
Purchasing office supplies on an as needed basis, and booking conference room space
Identifying and implementing office tools to improve the coordination and organization of TVC
Building useful systems to organize Vandenberg information, and compile material for donors and partners on Vandenberg achievements (note: Position is not directly involved in fundraising/development efforts)
Assisting the team as necessary
Applicants should provide a current resume, cover letter, and the name and contact information of two (2) references.
Please email these documents as PDFs to Carrie Filipetti at email@example.com with the subject line “Application: Office Manager”.
What Is the Vandenberg Coalition?
The Vandenberg Coalition (TVC) is a 501(c)(3), non-partisan network of foreign policy leaders, both experts and practitioners, that prepares current and future national security leaders with the context, network, and vision that harnesses principled American leadership to overcome the most significant national security challenges of our time.
Founded in 2021, the network already includes over 90 national security experts and former government officials who are collectively involved in:
- Hosting foreign policy and national security briefings for state and congressional leaders as well as candidates for federal office;
- Developing an “Experts Network” that can be offered to other institutions, the press, or candidates and Members of Congress to build out their expertise;
- Developing a network of young foreign policy experts who can staff incoming Congressional and Presidential offices/administrations.
- Organizing educational events with aligned organizations, think tanks, and scholars;
- Providing briefing papers and news-of-the-day bulletins on key national security topics to candidates and Members of Congress, and providing messaging to make these topics accessible to constituents;
- Serving as a connector for incoming Members of Congress and candidates for federal office with the D.C. think tank and educational community.